Rodney Koh Ngiap Teik
RODNEY KOH NGIAP TEIK is our Partner whose area of practice is in Corporate and Finance. Mr. Rodney has extensive experience in corporate finance, capital markets and banking matters from his tenure in the banking industry, as well as through decades of handling M&A exercises, due diligence and technology contracts. Mr. Rodney also dedicates his time to share his expertise and insight on Industry 4.0 and the Blockchain economy.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org | Telephone : +603 7932 3663 | Fax : +603 7932 2098
- Bachelor of Law (Hons), Australian National University
- International Master of Business Administration, University of Sydney
- Barrister & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Western Australia
- Barrister & Solicitor, High Court of Australia
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
History of Practice:
- Structured the financing for the takeover of Main Board companies on the KLSE.
- Sold Anakku Berhad to the state of Perak while repurchasing the operational company and injecting new enterprises.
- Oversaw the department within Southern Bank Berhad to providing advisory work to customers seeking listing or restructuring.
- Provided the Board of Directors of Southern Bank economic reports every quarter.
- Worked on investment models for Southern Bank Berhad.
- Covered investment banking activities in South Africa and Mozambique for the Southern Bank of Africa and Banco Austral respectively between mid-1997 to 1999. Based in Johannesburg, South Africa for 1½ years.
- Advised the government of Mozambique on the sale of the Cahorra Bassa dam by the Portuguese government.
- Assisted in the take-over of Ban Hin Lee Bank Berhad by Southern Bank Berhad.
- Structured the joint-venture between J. Ray McDermott S.A and Bumi Armada Berhad that incorporated a leasing structure out of Labuan F.T. that saved the client withholding taxes on offshore construction contracts in the oil industry and took advantage of the tax-free status of Labuan.
- Acted for UEM in the sale of its Tajong Pinang Reclamation Project.
- Structured the joint-venture between Jan De Nul N.V. and Inai Kiara Berhad that incorporated a leasing structure out of Labuan F.T. That matter became contentious as the JV broke down and the interest of the client, Jan De Nul N.V. was preserved by the security provision in the structure.
- Advised LTAT on numerous matters, including bond issues, investment structures, acquisition of assets.
- Company secretary to Affin-ACF Finance Berhad.
- Conducted due diligence exercises for listing on Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad for several companies presently listed.
- Advised on the restructuring of Cygal Berhad (which has been relisted as Sycal)
- Principal counsel on retainer by Fujitsu (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. advising them on all aspects of technology law and contracts.
- Adviser to Technip Geoproduction (M) Sdn Bhd.
- Acting as principal external legal adviser for the State Economic Corporation of Perak.
- Acting as principal external legal adviser for the Perak Corporation Berhad in its dispute with the board of directors of Integrax Berhad
- Acting for Sutera Harbour Resorts in the scheme of settlement of their loan stocks and bonds worth RM1.9 billion.
- Counsel on retainer by several companies, including MNCs.
- Conducted acquisition due diligence exercises for several companies
Datuk Kenny Ng Bee Ken
WONG CHOONG WAI AARON
IRENE KAM SOK KHUAN
SUHAIDA BINTI MOHD ESA
PARTNER - TERENGGANU